Monday, May 27, 2013

Victorinox HUNTER pro Black

This 130mm hunting knife is the first attempt of Victorinox to follow the big boys. It was developed for the American hunting-market, since there was a demand for a larger and especially wider blade. My first impression was a bit disappointing since a lot of people on the multitool.org blog weren't happy with this knife. They experienced a lot of blade play, had no box and received a smaller pouch (111mm model). My impression when I picked it up at the Factory shop in Ibach was much better... This knife feels strong, durable and sticks to the hand... I love it!!! It seems like the American market was whelmed with early releases or something like it, because I couldn't find any of the mentioned problems. I received a box with small instructions, a larger pouch and a knife with an extremely strong and stable lock. It is a bit heavy with 162,5 gram, but this gives the knife that certain strong feel... Believe me... This is one bad ass knife! No idea if it will last in a hard environment, but I would take the chance...







4 comments:

  1. I received one of these on Christmas Eve. Fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received one of these on Christmas Eve. Fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique couteau ,le mien est un Hunter pro Wood ,manche en Noyer, lame grise !Tenue en main exceptionnelle.

    ReplyDelete