Sunday, September 15, 2013

Geocaching


A few weeks ago, my wife introduced me in geocaching. This is a worldwide community with participants and people who actively hide and maintain caches. The main goal is to search with a portable gps for hidden "logs". Once you know which area you want to search, you can look for cache- coordinates on the website. When you reach the spot, you can start searching and some spots have spoiler-pictures or even hints... I love this kind of "activity", because it gives me a great excuse to use my precious Fieldmaster and Sentinel. I used the wood saw of the Fieldmaster a few times to make some walking sticks, and even the small 91mm saw surprised me. I used it before, but I have to admit that this time I didn't spare it. Without the slightest effort, I cut through 3cm Oak. For those not known with this hobby.... Give it a try... You won't be disappointed! 






Below : These little guys were on a family trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment