Saturday, November 2, 2013

Victorinox Battle series


From 1983 till 1991 Victorinox made this series of knives, each representing battles during the middle ages that formed the country Switzerland. They released 7 different knives with each a limitation of 9999 pieces worldwide.  Each knife comes in a nice wooden box with the title imprinted on top. The box contains a certificate with the knife's number and a folder with a brief history for each battle. This set can be bought individual, meaning each knife has a box with certificate, or the entire collection in a collectors box with a small slot behind for the folders and certificates. If you buy the collectors box, each knife will have the same number... I found the entire collection for sale, but since I didn't want to exaggerate, I only bought two... And now I feel bad I didn't bought the box... :) Sometimes you need to make choices in life... UPDATE : Last weekend I noticed a small box with a red interior in a Victorinox store. I couldn't believe my eyes... They had three of the seven knives new in box... I didn't hesitate and took the Battle of Näfels. Every single knife of this collection looks stunning. Back in the "golden years, Victorinox offered a nice certificate and box. I love the way they displayed the knives back then... 


List of releases :
Morgarten 1315
Laupen 1339
Sempach 1386
Nafels 1388
St. Jakob 1444
Murten 1476
Oath of Rutli 1291































2 comments:

  1. The Victorinox Battle Series exemplifies exceptional Swiss craftsmanship. Known for their robustness and versatility, these knives are designed for military and outdoor enthusiasts. Is Good Moniter With precision engineering and durable materials, they're reliable tools for any demanding situation.

    ReplyDelete